Once you can see everyone is safe, you’ll need to collect the contact information of the people involved & detailed information about the accident. Take as many pictures as possible of all damaged vehicles.
Call us and let us know the details of what happened. We’ll get to working on it immediately.
0333 400 1328
We’ll handle the rest and keep you updated on you claims progress.
Need a jump, tow, or locksmith? We’ve
got you covered with 24/7 breakdown
Call 01737 334280
Whether a stone cracked your windscreen
or your window was broken, we’ll
have it repaired in no time.
Call 0800 032 3522
It doesn't matter if the accident was or wasn't your fault. When you call us we will deal with your claim as quickly, and as fairly as possible.
We've put together a short step-by-step guide to help you in the event of an accident :
1. Stop and get to a safe area: Stop as soon as it is safe to do so. If you have a warning triangle place it before the accident, otherwise make sure you are in a safe place.
2. Call the authorities: If anybody has been injured you must call 999 to tell the police or the ambulance service.
3. Take pictures and videos of the crash: If you have a mobile phone with you then take photographs or videos of the scene including the extent of damage caused to vehicles, property and people.
4. Talk to other people involved in the accident: If possible, you should speak to other people involved and collect their details.
4. Details required: It's important that you collect the vehicle registration number, name and phone number of any other drivers involved in the accident.
6. Ask the other party to call our claims line: We can assist the other person involved in the accident with their car repairs and provide them with a courtesy car if necessary.
7. Do not admit you were responsible: Do not admit that the accident was your fault as UK road law is complicated and it may be that it wasn't actually your fault. Instead you should get the other party to contact us on our 24-hour claims number 0333 400 132.
If you do all of the above you will be safely out the way of danger and we will be on our way to sorting our your claim.
Courtesy cars are included as standard in all of our policies 👍
If your claim is settled as fault, you will be provided with a courtesy car while your car is in for repairs. You will need to use one of our approved repairers to be eligible.
If your claim is declared a write-off/total loss, a courtesy car won't be provided as you will need to change your car on cover instead. This includes if you still decide to get your car repaired after our underwriters decide it is not economical to do so.
If your claim is settled as non-fault, you should try and claim a courtesy car via the third party insurer.
If you have added breakdown cover to your policy and need urgent assistance, please call one of the following claims numbers:
For UK emergency help, contact the 24 hour emergency helpline: 01737 334280
For European emergency help, contact the 24 hour emergency helpline: +44 (0) 1737 334280
One of our approved repairers will repair your car. We make sure that these repairers are held to the highest standard and do a great job for our customers.
The repairer will also provide you with a free courtesy car for the duration of the repair.
You can make a quick claim by calling us on 0800 032 3522. You will need to pay £75 towards replacing your windscreen or £25 towards repairing your windscreen - we will pay the rest 🎉
You need to report an incident to the police in the event of the following:
- Your car is stolen
- Your car has been broken into
- Your car has been maliciously damaged
- Someone has been injured as a result of an incident
- You feel that something illegal has happened